Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:58:18 +0100
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'alan17@wizard.net'" <alan17@wizard.net>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD questions'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Disappointment with FreeBSD  :-(

Hi Alan,

I reckon it's a bug in FreeBSD also because I had the same problem ages ago.
I believe there is some file in the root directory that you can edit, but
that didn't work for me. I hate to say it, but Redhat 6 is far easier to
install in my opinion.

Try moving your secondary master onto the primary controller as a slave and
see if that works. The way I got round it was to boot it using 'wd2a' (or
similar) at the Boot: prompt, and then recompiling the kernel with the root
fs hard coded to wd2a. I'm no expert at this, maybe Doug White can help???

By the way, if you can mount and read the FreeBSD root fs using linux, what
does your /etc/fstab say? Does that say that root is on wd2a?

Jeff