Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 10:39:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BEL's Cyclades CYB driver and USR Sportsters

> USR Sportster 28.8 and Brian's CYB driver for the Cyclades don't
> get along.
>

> After working with what seems to be hundreds of different modems,
> I just happen to recently hook up a USR Sportster 28.8 (33.6) to
> a Cyclades 16Y and it didn't work!
>
> It's my first experience with the USR Sportster.
>
> After about 8 hours of analysis I'm still at loss as to why it doesn't
> work correctly.

Do you mean you can't talk to the modem?

Or do you mean that you can talk to the modem, but the modem can't talk
to a different modem over the phone lines?

The second is (potentially) a well-known firmware bug with some
revs of the US Robotics modems -- the lock up when being talked to
by Rockwell chipset modems.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---