Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:11:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dennis Dai <ddai55@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE:  Multiple Promise controllers

(Please cc me as I'm not on the list.)

I used to plug 5 promise Ultra100 TX2 cards in one computer. All of
them were recognized. But when I plugged 12 drives into those cards,
only 8 drives were recognized correctly (or maybe I need to MAKEDEV?).
I remember reading somewhere (probably in one of the source code either
in FreeBSD or in Linux kernel) that promise has a upper limit of 12
drives in one system but only the first 8 will be in DMA mode and the
last 4 in PIO with some treak (burst? can't remember).

Dennis