Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:44:39 +0800
From:      Rong-En Fan <grafan@gmail.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:36:25 -0800 (PST), Doug White
<dwhite@gumbysoft.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Rong-En Fan wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is a 5.3-RELEASE-p5/amd64 on IBM X236 (EM64T) with 2GB RAM
> > and a LSI 21320 rmpt(4) running at 160MB/s with a hardware
> > RAID (da0, da1). HTT is enabled. When I run benchmark/blogbench on
> > /da0/ I can *reproduce* this panic again and again:
> > (I'm getting a dump now, let me fsck first)
> > kernel conf & dmesg (boot -v) are at
> >  http://rafan.infor.org/tmp/236/
>
> I only have an 2x244 Opteron box so I'm not sure if this is a problem with
> KSE or with hyperthreading.  I'll try the benchmark anyway and see if I
> can reproduce.
>
> Looks like I'll need to rebuild first, I'm getting the "exiting from
> __thread_start" error...

If I use machdep.hlt_logical_cpus=1, I got the same panic.
And when I use kgdb to read the kernel dump, I see only
#1 ?????? (??) in backtrace.

I just reinstall the system to 5.3-p5, i386. It does not
panic and finsih the test two times. I'll run more to see if is
panics.

Regards,
Rong-En Fan