Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:01:30 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        "Duraid Madina" <duraid@fl.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Insane performance regression?

One, check your malloc option settings.  FreeBSD-current defaults to the
AJ setting to flush out errors but this has a significant performance
hit.

See the malloc(3) manpage for details.

You don't say which version you were running before so this is the most
specific advice I can give you.

Poul-Henning