Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:26:05 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "David Wolfskill" <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Stable List" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: remove empty TEMPROOT dirs at mergemaster's end?

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:33:11 -0700 (PDT), David Wolfskill wrote:

>>Changing mergemaster to indicate files to be either ignored or
>>copied. Kind of an exception file.
>
>In general, i think this is a good idea....

See the mail from Doug Barton with subject "mergemaster
wishlist".
He expresses some concerns with the idea.

>But wouldn't you want the (possibly new/changed) "weekly" locate script
>moved to daily?  (How would you be informed of changes to it -- or would
>you just want to automatically move it?)

In an ideal world it would be nice if mergemaster supported
mapping files from one place to another.
Doug did mention one way to do it.. keep the cvs tag in weekly
this way I know when the file changes.

>Even in this case, though I don't change these files, I'd like to see
>the modifications that come about as a result of an upgrade --

That is your choice and nobody is trying to take it away from
you. :-)
Having an exclude file allows those of us who don't want to look
at the upgrades have a happier life.

francisco
Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate