Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:43:39 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Permit init(8) use its own cpuset group.

On Friday, June 06, 2014 6:09:13 pm Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
> On 06.06.2014 01:04, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:

> >> threads

> >> CPU

> >> attached

> >> so

> >> like
> >> cpuset

> >> this)?

> >> it.

> >> intr_event_bind
> >> etc.
> >>
> >> cpuset -x calls intr_event_bind().  If you just do it there you fix both
> >> places.
> Yup. I was wrong. This version seems to be simpler while doing the right
> thing.

Hmm, I do think this patch is doing the right thing, but I'm worried you
might have weird effects, e.g. I worry that because the 'intr' proc is in
set 1 still, the thread masks will be (incorrectly) checked when changing
set 1 and you still won't be able to 'cpuset -l 0 -s 1'.

Also, strictly speaking, it would probably be best to return threads to
set 1 when NOCPU is passed to intr_event_bind() to unbind an interrupt.

--
John Baldwin