Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:13:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sandbox Video Productions <sandboxpro@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can't connect to the internet

I'm can't connect to the internet. I have my computer
connected to a router via NIC. the lights on the
router are lit and so are the lights on the NIC. Thus,
I know i have a connection. I tried ping -c 10
192.168.1.1 and all i got was
ping: sendto: No route host

I can't seem to find a simple to tutorial on this
specific problem of just connecting to the internet
through a router. I have found how to make your pc a
router and connecting via serial cables and modems,
but this is different.
Please help or point me to a specific online manual.
thanks very much