Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 09:21:21 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Pieter Westland <pieterw@euronet.nl>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum and dump

On Monday,  8 May 2000 at 14:38:56 +0200, Pieter Westland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I upgraded my machine from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0-STABLE, it does not
> dump my vinum-stripe anymore:
>
> root@dustpuppy [/usrbackup> /sbin/dump -0ua -f /usrbackup/backupje /usr
>   DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Mon May  8 14:34:45 2000
>   DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
>   DUMP: Dumping /dev/vinum/rstripe (/usr) to /usrbackup/backupje
>   DUMP: Cannot open /dev/vinum/rstripe

Hmm.  I thought this had been fixed in -STABLE.  It's a problem with
dump, not with Vinum: dump iss still looking for the old names
beginning in 'r'.

The easiest thing you can do is to create the device:

 # ln /dev/vinum/stripe /dev/vinum/rstripe

You'll have to do this again every time you start vinum, because vinum
rebuilds the /dev/vinum directory.

Greg