Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 20:24:55 -0500
From:      Suttipan Limanond <limanond@enws626.eas.asu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Empty Partition, Can't find kernel Error

Hi:

I think I shoot myself in the foot big time here.

I run both Win95 and 2.2.5 side-by-side. The Win95 and 2.2.5 bootable
are on the first hard disk, while some other 2.2.5 partitions are on the
second harddisk. Today after reinstalling
Win95, the boot manager disappeared and I can only booted Win95.
I searched the archive and read a suggestion that I run bootinst.exe
from the CDROM. The problem is that I ran bootinst.exe after I have
`messed' around with `fip' and `sysinstall' (partition config) for a
while :(.
The end result is that when reboot, I have the following choice of OS

    F1  DOS
    F2  FreeBSD
    F5  Disk2

F1 starts Win95 fine. But F2 and F5 generated the following message:

    "FreeBSD Boot @0x10000: 640/31744K of memory ...

    Boot Default: 1:wd(1,a) kernel

    boot:

    empty partition
    can't find kernel"

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some advice on
how to fix the problem.

Thank you very much,

Suttipan Limanond.