Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:09:55 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Potential port

I don't have time to look at this right now - so it's up for grabs.

----- Forwarded message from "Dr. Lex Wennmacher" <wennmach@geo.Uni-Koeln.DE> -----
From: "Dr. Lex Wennmacher" <wennmach@geo.Uni-Koeln.DE>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:10:11 +0200
To: tech-pkg@netbsd.org
Subject: Userland Checkpointing Library
Cc: wennmach@pluto.geo.Uni-Koeln.DE
Sender: tech-pkg-owner@netbsd.org

Hi folks,

I have written a userland checkpointing library, chkpt. It has been written and
tested under NetBSD-1.3.2/i386 and works also under Digital Unix. I have no
access to other architecures so I don't know how well checkpointing works
there.

I would like to suggest to include the chkpt library into the NetBSD pkg
system, under the devel subtree.

The chkpt library is available from
ftp://gutemine.geo.uni-koeln.de/pub/chkpt/chkpt-1.6.tar.gz

-- Lex

--
Dr. Alexandre Wennmacher
Institut fuer Geophysik und Meteorologie         wennmach@geo.Uni-Koeln.DE