Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 15:05:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current build fails

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Leif Neland wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Vincent Poy wrote:
>
> > I was just worried
> > that rebooting with a new kernel before a world build might actually
> > render the system bootless.
> >

> If you're worried, then just
> cp /usr/src/sys/compile/NAME/kernel /kernel.new
> and reboot, using kernel.new
>
> If it fails, you haven't disturbed the old, working /kernel.

	I guess it's not wise doing things when I'm half asleep or else I
wouldn't even have posted the question in the first place...

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]