Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 17:31:03 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   userland ppp and packet filtering

( This is with 2.2.2-R ).

I've been making extensive use of userland ppp, and am basically
satisfied by it.  However, I've been trying to employ the packet
filtering features, but have been meeting with no luck.

Using ppp.conf.filter.sample as a model, I placed filter rules in
my ppp.conf file.  ppp did not complain about any errors, but also
silently failed to provide the reqested filtering.

Is the filtering really supported?  I know the ppp package was
evolving by leaps and bounds, maybe I'm trying to take advantage
of something still in beta...
--
Brian Reichert			          		  reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303