Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:58:10 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ath drivers break acpi suspend?

I've noticed that I receive this error message on bootup (right after
module initialization) when I have ath_hal and/or if_ath loading from
loader.conf:

acpi_alloc_wakeup_handler: can't alloc wake memory

If I try to suspend, it appears to attempt to suspend (S3) but snap back
to a resumed state (S0) immediately - not even completely going into
suspended mode.  Commenting out both the modules named above makes the
message go away, and the laptop correctly suspends.

I have not yet tried loading them modules after bootup, nor have I tried
compiling them staticly into the kernel.  I'll try that next.

Eric