Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:32:56 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Vandenbussche Kristof <kristof.vandenbussche@tijd.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: troubles

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 18:49:15 +0200, Vandenbussche Kristof wrote:

> As I learnt from the installation manual, my CD-ROM should be
> recognised.  What have I done wrong?

Well, what have you done? :-)

Seriously, what's happening? Presumably you stuck a boot floppy in and
got to the kernel configuration screen. What did you take out, what did
you leave in, do you see anything in the boot probe messages that would
indicate a wcdX or acdX has been spotted?

Ciao,
Sheldon.