Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:12:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Lawrence Sica <larry@interactivate.com>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, John Gregor <johng@vieo.com>, Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net, leifn@neland.dk, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, gjb@gbch.net
Subject:   Re: how to test out cron.c changes? (was: cvs commit: src/etc crontab)

Quoting Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>:

> All,
>
> I've committed these changes for cron to support DST change
> to -current (see PR bin/24494 for description of my tests).
> Everyone is welcome to test them out.
> Please let me know if you encounter any problems caused by them
> (and better do that before these changes would be MFCed to -stable
> in a few weeks).

I thought the consensus was to make it a command line feature and have the old
behavior by default?  Myself I get a little nervous when something as important
as cron is changed without intensive testing and no way to go back to the older
proven method.

I'd feel alot more comfortable if these changes were made a command-line option
as was discussed.  I for one cannot afford cron to break on any production
servers as this could literally cost my comapny thousands of dollars if
scheduled tasks fail because of this change.

Just my 2 cents..

--Larry

> -SB

Lawrence Sica