Date:      Mon, 22 May 1995 13:56:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@iagi.net>
To:        Philippe Charnier <charnier@lirmm.fr>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl(3) in kernel modules.

On Sat, 20 May 1995, Philippe Charnier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to patch the snake saver, in the way it can find itself the
> name and version (i.e return value of uname -s and uname -r). The code
> is made but it use sysctl(3) for now, ... and don't compile (sysctl is
> part of libc).

So far, we've been patching the snake saver (at the office) to say
"Internet Access Group, Inc." instead of "FreeBSD 2.1".  It would be nice
if a "-string whatever" flag was added so the patch wouldn't be
necessary.  So as not to duplicate (or step on) your efforts, perhaps you
should throw it in while you're working on it?

Any comments/objections?

Alok K. Dhir
Internet Access Group, Inc.
adhir@iagi.net