Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2013 13:54:13 +0200
From:      Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jaret Bartsch <jaretbartsch@yahoo.ca>
Subject:   Re: php5-ice Needs Updating

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 20:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
Jaret Bartsch <jaretbartsch@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> =3D=3D=3D>=C2=A0 php5-Ice-3.4.2 cannot be installed: doesn't work with la=
ng/php5
> port (doesn't support PHP 5.4). *** [install] Error code 1
>=20
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/php5-ice.
>=20
> Could you guys update this? I really need this extension.
>=20
> Regards,
> Jaret

Hi Jaret,

I'm maintaining devel/ice and devel/py-ice, but not php5-Ice right now.
I'm currently working on the update to 3.5. There are quite some
changes and it will need thorough testing before I can release it -
traditionally there are minor flaws in the distribution, since FreeBSD
is not an officially supported platform for ice. So once these updates
have been confirmed, I could take a look at php5-Ice - if it's trivial
enough I could also take maintainership of this port, since updating
them only makes sense if all three ports are updated at the same time.
So we're talking about weeks, not days at this point. (On top of
this the ports tree is currently frozen). Feel free to contact of
off-list if you're interested in testing the updated versions before
they get committed to the ports tree.

Cheers,
Michael

--=20