Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 1995 10:55:10 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   uid 32767 on /var: file system full

What does this message mean?  I've got a bunch of these today on my
2.0R system.  Uid 32767 is "nobody", and grep finds only "fingerd -sl"
in /etc/inetd.conf.  /var has more than a meg free, and this hasn't
changed significantly since last night so I guess whatever filled it
up died by itself....

=====
Jan 14 07:30:49 silvia kernel: uid 32767 on /var: file system full
Jan 14 07:30:50 silvia last message repeated 9 times
=====

I don't know what sendmail does, but /var/log/maillog doesn't have
anything around 7:30.  /etc/weekly runs at 7:30, and I DID get the
output which looks normal.  Other than changing the ${MANPATH:-...} to
`manpath -q`, my /etc/weekly is as shipped.  /var/cron/log.0 shows
nothing suspicious (but of course /var was full at that time).

For NFS, all the filesystems (root, var, usr, home) are exported to
the two FreeBSD machines in this apartment (my roommates') and my
research workstation at school, but the two PCs were down and nobody
was logged in to the workstation in my office.

Satoshi