Date:      Sun, 07 Oct 2001 19:55:53 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Jeremy Karlson <karlj000@unbc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Active Directory

At 07:38 PM 10/6/2001 -0700, Jeremy Karlson wrote:
>home, etc, etc.  I have been unsuccesul to date.  But, for some reason,
>they are absolutely convinced that Windows is the way of the future for
>their networks and will not consider otherwise.

I think one of the fears that many organizations have is that they cannot
get support for Open Source systems as easily as they can get it for
Windows.  Yes, there are many consultants out there and many great
resources on the net for FreeBSD and LINUX.  But this type of self support
doesnt always work for every organization out there.  With Microsoft, if
you have a problem you can buy your way out of it with a phone call and a
credit card.  So if your MS-SQL server is crashing and you dont know why,
for $250 they will fix it. For a lot of organizations this type of support
is very important.  Whether its right, efficient or the best way to
approach the problem is another issue-- but it is a common sentiment I have
come across with many of the hundreds of clients I have dealt with in our
little corner of the world.

         ---Mike