Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 1996 10:49:26 +0100 (MET)
From:      Philippe Causse <caussep@sphynx.fdn.fr>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, delaitt@cpc.wmin.ac.uk, jdp@polstra.com
Subject:   Re: Patches from 2.1-RELEASE

On Tue, 6 Feb 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Philippe Causse wrote:
> >
> > I found the SCSI-1 and SCSI-2 (text only) documentation on the net using
> > Archie. To avoid flooding you mailbox, I'll just quote a part of it in
> > this mail. If you want the full text, I can e-mail it to you as a MIME
> > attachment. Please, don't hesitate to ask! (300K for SCSI-2, 84K for SCSI-1)
>
> Ugh.  Can we please move this discussion into freebsd-scsi instead?
Yep ! I changed the CC: to freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org for this mail.
Sorry about that, but the discussion started about a couple of different
unrelated patches.

> There is no use to quote several hundred lines from the SCSI spec into
> the high-volume hackers list.  In order to use the SCSI specs, one
> needs a printed copy of larger portions anyway...

Agreed! That's why I just quoted the bits relevant to SCSI-2 tape
positionning.  At the end of this mail I quoted the head of the SCSI-2
specs file, everything you'll need to know about "how to get the paper
version" is here :-)

> (Sorry for not being constructive here, i simply didn't have the time
> yet to look after all this stuff, and it's unlikely that i will have
> it within the next couple of weeks.  Alas.)

As long as it is not deemed to go to /dev/null, fair enough!

> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

------------------[ HEADER OF THE SCSI-2 SPECS DOCUMENT]--------------------

WORKING                                                                 X3T9.2
DRAFT                                                             Project 375D

                                                                  Revision 10L
                                                                      7-SEP-93
     NOTE:  This file is provided to facilitate
     review and comments on the draft SCSI-2
     standard.  It is NOT intended as a substitute
     for obtaining a paper copy of this document.
     The figures and formatting information are
     omitted.  Please contact Global Engineering
     Documents at (800) 854-7179 or (303) 792-2181
     to obtain a paper copy.

Information technology -
Small Computer System Interface - 2

Secretariat:
Computer & Business Equipment Manufacturers Association

This is a draft proposed American National Standard of Accredited
Standards Committee X3.  As such this is not a completed standard.  The
X3T9 Technical Committee may modify this document as a result of comments
received during the public review process and the approval of this
document as a standard.  Use of the information contained herein is at
your own risk.

Permission is granted to members of X3 and ISO, their technical
committees, and their associated task groups to reproduce this document
for the purposes of X3 and ISO standardization activities without further
permission, provided this notice is included.  All other rights are
reserved.  Any commercial or for-profit use is strictly prohibited.

ASC X3T9.2 Technical Editor:                  Lawrence J. Lamers
                                              Maxtor Corporation
                                              MS A697
                                              150 River Oaks Parkway
                                              San Jose, CA  95134-1983
                                              USA
                                              Telephone: 408-432-3889
                                              Facsimile: 408-432-3833
                                              Email: larry_lamers@maxtor.com

                                              Reference number
                                              ISO/IEC 9316-1 : 199x
                                              ANSI X3.131 - 199x
                                              Printed November, 7, 1993 3:39pm

POINTS OF CONTACT:

X3T9.2 Chair                                 X3T9.2 Vice-Chair
John B. Lohmeyer                             I. Dal Allan
NCR Corporation                              ENDL
1635 Aeroplaza Drive                         14426 Black Walnut Court
Colo Spgs, CO 80916                          Saratoga, CA  95070

Tel:   (719) 573-3362                        Tel:         (408) 867-6630
Fax:   (719) 597-8225                        Fax:         (408) 867-2115
Email: john.lohmeyer@ftcollinsco.ncr.com     Email:        2501752@mcimail.com

X3 Secretariat
Lynn Barra
Administrator Standards Processing
X3 Secretariat                               Telephone:   202-626-5738
1250 Eye Street, NW   Suite 200              Facsimile:   202-638-4922
Washington, DC   20005

SCSI Reflector
Internet address for subscription to the SCSI reflector:
scsiadm@wichitaks.ncr.com
Internet address for distribution via SCSI reflector:
scsi@wichitaks.ncr.com

SCSI Bulletin Board
719-574-0424

Document Distribution
Global Engineering                            Telephone:  303-792-2181 or
15 Inverness Way East                                     800-854-7179
Englewood, CO   80112-5704                    Facsimile:  303-792-2192

Cheers,
Philippe.

FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux: Il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher...
                        You can get worse, but it's more expensive...