Date:      Sun, 24 May 1998 16:08:13 -0700
From:      don morrison <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>
To:        Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A proposal for focus.

>	I think the problem is more fundamental than that. There is no clear
>consensus on what "freebsd" wants to be. You've expressed part of that
>here. Before you can do effective advocacy you have to have a group
>consensus on what you're advocating for. Unfortunately right now people
>are each advocating for their own view of what they want it to be, which
>leads to the circumstances you describe.

I think if we can establish a formal process for decision making
within the advocacy group, a concensus can be reached.  However
the process of decision ratifies a concensus action, (by senior
advocacy members, members of the core team, or what have you), I
think it should be started with a show of hands from the masses.:)
Jason Wells and I have been discussing engineering a survey page
for the advocacy group that could be used as a formal voting
process as well as for finding out where the group's interests are.
(I plan to actually start writing the cgi for it after finals week
is over.:)