Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 2015 19:53:47 -0400
From:      Steven Peguero <steven@stevenpeguero.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS Encryption Availability

Hello,

In advance, I apologize for asking this particular question, as I'm
coming from the Linux world, but I wanted to know if encryption is
natively supported on FreeBSD for miscellaneous ZFS pools/datasets.

If such functionality does exist, how exactly would I go about initially
setting up encryption for a particular ZFS pool/dataset and manually
decrypting it at boot using a passphrase? It seems as though this
particular topic has not yet been mentioned in the official handbook,
unfortunately.

In advance, thank you for your response!

Steven