Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2006 08:28:00 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting LDCONFIG for ports that need 32bit libraries

I had recently updated my www/frontpage and sent a patch for
security/vscan  port to work on FreeBSD/amd64.  I had to set LDCONFIG
to /sbin/ldconfig -32, in order for it to find the dependancy on the
32bit libraries.

I initialily was thinking that USE_LDCONFIG32 should set LDCONFIG, but
this was wrong, as this only affects ports that install 32bit
libraries.  We need a new variable (USE_LIB32?) that can be used by
ports that require 32bit libraries.

The only thing I didn't check is how pkg_add will work when installing
these ports as packages.  Will it detect that the 32bit libraries are
installed?

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.