Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2001 15:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Idar Tollefsen" <idart@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/33170: zip -T [zip file] fails with message about missing end signature

The following reply was made to PR ports/33170; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Idar Tollefsen" <idart@hotmail.com>
To: alane@geeksrus.net
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: ports/33170: zip -T [zip file] fails with message about missing end
 signature
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 00:16:48 +0100

 >>It has not been established wether this is spesific for the Alpha
 >>or not, but I suspect it is since breaking the Mozilla build is
 >>something that the i386 crowd would have screamed about a long
 >>time ago.

 >Ooh, look ... another big-endian vs little-endian problem,
 >I'd guess.

 Altough not my strong side, I tought both Intel processors and
 Alphas where little-endian.

 Anyway, I ment no offence to anyone running i386, which indeed
 would be the majority of FreeBSD users. I simply ment that since
 there are more i386 users, they would most likely have caught the
 problem a long time ago. Minor platforms, as I suppose the Alpha is,
 could have these problems laying around for a long periode of time
 before anyone discovers them simply because there are fewer people
 using this platform.

 I felt the need to clearify this as you seemed to take offence
 to the way my message was formulated.