Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 16:01:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brad Midgley <brad@pht.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Missing header files in srcdist for SNAP-950322

On Mon, 27 Mar 1995, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> > There is a recursive softlink in /usr/src/sys that prevents kernel
> > build on 2.0-950322-SNAP.
>
> Can you tell me exactly which parts of the distribution you have installed
> to get this to happen, I havn't been able to reproduce it...

I had the same problem.  I installed bindist, man pages, and source for
only the non-des stuff.

It may not be worth mentioning, but I didn't even have XFree or compat1x
in the install tree.  (On the ftp site, they're symlinks and don't come
down well when using wu-ftp's "get ...SNAP.tar")

brad@pht.com

ps.  everything looks like it'll work fine on a dos file system except
the directory "XFree3.1.1."  Does this strange filename get truncated to
something which will still allow the installation to proceed?