Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:31:43 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        jim@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, anders@fix.no, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/mail/imap-uw Makefile distinfo pkg-message  ports/mail/imap-uw/files patch-ac patch-ah patch-ai

Jim Mock wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 at 22:43:33 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> > dougb       2001/04/24 22:43:33 PDT
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     mail/imap-uw         Makefile distinfo pkg-message
> >     mail/imap-uw/files   patch-ac patch-ah patch-ai
> >   Log:
> >   Update to 0104241750. The maintainer submitted an update for the
> >   previous version, however they _just_ updated the version today. The
> >   only thing I did differently from the maintainer's patch was to
> >   regen patch-ai.
>
> Is there any particular reason why this port is following the betas that
> seem to change every other day and leave it broken instead of 2000c?  I
> don't use this port or even IMAP, I just noticed that people are always
> complaining about it being broken on -ports.  Just curious.

	I'm starting to think that we need an imap-uw-devel category for this, and
that we should revert imap-uw to 2000c. I do use this port, and the last
two snapshots have resulted in a problem where mail that I delete keeps
coming back from the trash marked unread.

	The maintainer's logic for following the snaps is rooted in the dire
warning on the ftp site that all previous versions of imap and cclient have
bugs, however that is true of all software. :)

	Anders, what do you think about splitting out -devel versions of imap-uw
and cclient?

Doug
--
    I need someone really bad. Are you really bad?