Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2013 02:48:48 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using bsdinstall to create MBR

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:36:15 -0700, Doug Hardie wrote:
> I am trying to use bsdinstall to create a MBR partitioned disk.
> I can set the partition type to MBR fine.  However, when trying
> to add in slices I can't figure out what to enter for the parameters.
> Everything I have tried gives an error message.  I wanted one for /
> and one for swap.  How do I create the two slices?

In what step of 2.7.2 (Manual Partitioning) do you experience
problems? Can you provide the text of the error message?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/bsdinstall-partitioning.html

This chapter covers GPT and MBR partitioning with the new
bsdinstall program.

If you don't have success using the installer, just try to use
the command line's default tools. With gpart you can create
GPT and MBR partitioning, but you can also use the "old-fashioned"
tools like fdisk and disklabel / bsdlabel. You should be able to
access them via the shell.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany