Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:26:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
Cc:        "Andreas S. Wetzel" <root@deadline.snafu.de>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: COMPAT_LINUX broken in -current?

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Chris Timmons wrote:
> Although you're using the lkm, do you still have COMPAT_LINUX in your
> config file?  It might be interesting to see if removing that helps.
> acroread seems to run OK here on my uniprocessor P90 -current using the
> lkm. I don't have sound available on that machine at the moment to try
> multimedia stuff like you're running, which might make all the difference
> in the world.

Actually, I did not have the COMPAT_LINUX in my kernel, simply using the
linux lkm.  Also, sound never worked on the quake binary.  Strange, but I
am also running the linux version port of netscape4 and that runs just
fine.

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com