Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:21:16 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        dreamwvr <dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
Cc:        "Peter C. Wallace" <pcw@mesanet.com>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: oversized floppies for picobsd?

In message <00062914395322.00531@tyr.dreamwvr.com> dreamwvr writes:
:    What CF hw manufacturers work seemlessly with BSD, and Linux and ideas?

I've yet to encounter one that doesn't work with FreeBSD and MSDOS.
I've used Viking, San Disk, Simple Technology and TDK.  I have the
most experience with San Disk.  I've used their parts in the 10MB,
32MB, 48MB, 64MB and 96MB flavors.  I've used Viking next most with
the 16MB, 32M and 45MB sizes.  I've used 4MB, 8MB and 64MB Simple
parts.  I think that the TDK part I used was 30MB, but I might be
misremembering that.

All have worked great with the TAPR adapater (http://www.tapr.org/) as
well as the three different adapters that we've built at Timing
Solutions for our embedded needs.

Warner