Date:      Fri, 15 May 2015 18:47:41 -0700
From:      Jeffry Killen <jekillen@prodigy.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   configuration script?

O.K., so after about four attempt to get a bootable cd, I finally got
one
to boot and installed the system. At the end of the install process I am
presented with an option to reboot or enter "Live Cd".

In the past when I installed from cds ordered from FreeBSD mall, there
was a lot of software I could add after the installation process was
concluded. I did not see that here. Is that what the "Live Cd" is all
about.
(I have been browsing the  handbook and haven't found anything
revealing in this respect)

Also, There is a gui script that allow post install configuration
options to
be set. That script used to be accessible after the installation and
reboot
into the new system. I also have not found that, and don't remember the
command to access it.

There is one other hardware/software related issue that I am curious
about:

  When there are two or more network interfaces that have names
like en0, en1... etc. How do I tell which physical port is used by which
network device? When there are only two, it is easy to switch back and
fourth and look at ifconfig output, and do pinging for hosts on the
same networks. In this case at least one will be used for internet
connectivity
via DHCP to dsl/modem, and another will be connected with manual address
to local network. If I have a cable plugged into the wrong socket,
things can
get confusing for me and the system.

This machine came with two built in networking interfaces & sockets
(RJ45)
that were not supported by FreeBSD at the time. So I got two more
interface
cards that did have driver support. That makes a total of four on this
machine.
Is there a standard pattern for matching the physical port to the
device name?

Thanks again for time, attention, and patience;
JK