Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:50:28 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@gjvc.com>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@freebsddiary.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsupd can't open some files

On 18/02 08:12, Dan Langille wrote:

> I'm seeing the following entries in the cvsupd logs:
>
> Feb 18 05:33:44 fred cvsupd[3901]: Cannot open
> "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD-
> www.current/data/handbook/p11009.html": No such file or directory
> Feb 18 05:33:45 fred cvsupd[3901]: Cannot open
> "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD-
> www.current/data/handbook/p14268.html": No such file or directory
> Feb 18 05:33:45 fred cvsupd[3901]: Cannot open
> "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD-
> www.current/data/handbook/p22357.html": No such file or directory

Might I suggest recvsupping your cvsupd server? :-)  (this will make sure
all the collections are up to date)

As a matter of style, I would expect a directory with '/etc/cvsup/' in the
path to contain just cvsup bookkeeping files, not the actual files.

Also, check that your cvsup configuration file (which updates the collection
which you serve) are coherent with your cvsupd configuration files (which
serve files to clients), so they're both looking in the right place :-)

best;

gjvc

--
[gjvc]