Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:30:06 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Acer Aspire 9804

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:52:35 -0700
Danny Bowman <grecko.1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Specifically, I'm hoping audio (internal speakers), wireless, and the
> tv tuner work. An added bonus would be the USB attatched IRC received
> and its remote.

Audio: will probably work with the snd_hda (or was it snd_gdac) driver
            that is currently being tested / worked on. See archives of
            this list.
wireless: there is no driver for the 3945 in FreeBSD that is being
               worked on. There is an experimental driver, which does
               work for some people, but not everyone.

Also, if this laptop have the same acpi problems as the Aspire AS5672,
you will probably have major work ahead of you to get it working.

If you can't install FreeBSD on it, how about boting a snapshot CD or
another LiveCD?
That way you will atleast find out if there are initial troubles.
HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,