Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:13:04 +0900 (JST)
From:      ken <ken@tydfam.jp>
To:        mbowie@buzmo.com
Cc:        pieter@degoeje.nl, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, glewis@eyebeyond.com, freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java/eclipse and jdk1.6

  Mike,
  Yea, I am surviving...
  I am using it and touching it every time I have a problem.  So, it is a turtle walk...
  About plugins;
    I know that JBossTools GUI which requires newer version of xulrunner does not work properly.  Also, GUI editor of eclipse may/may not work.  I am not sure if it is updated recently or not, though.

  I understand that Eclipse schedules to update every spring and fall. And next version for spring will be 3.4 (now it is 3.4M5).  So, we may better settle the port before the new release comes in.
  I see that we have emacs (22), emacs21 and emacs-devel in /usr/ports/editors, and I feel that it is suggestiong the way we manage eclipse under /usr/ports/java - current version = eclipse, previous version = eclipseXX, and next version = eclipse-devel.