Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:32:37 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ivan_Debn=E1r?= <debnar@o-c.sk>
To:        "Soren Schmidt" <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: HPT370 RAID - booting

Thanks for feedback.

Please tell me if tou find this scenario possible:
I will install on one of the drives - ad0. It will work normally.

Than a few day, weeks, later, when we decide that the ar is fine, go to the
RAID bios, duplicate the disk ad0 to ad1 and RAID1 them.
Other than changing /etc/fstab entries, it should work fine - or am I wrong
?

I understand that it will definitely not work, if the ar driver offsets its
partitions by 10.
But with offset=0, will I be fine?

Those are just my thoughs, because I have to make that machine work, and
unfortunately have not that much time to experiment.

You have been very helpful, thanks for great work on ata. If I knew, that
Promise is that better supported, I would go for that. But anyway, HPT was
on the mainboard, and it looked very attractive after you CVS messages.

Maybe we should mention these shortcomings somewhere.

Ivan