Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:59:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gerald <bsdlist@bsdisp.com>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@keithprowse.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq 1850R freezing, controller issues?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Pete French wrote:

> Have had a pair of SMART 2-SL's,which I then upgraded to a single 3200
> and subsequently a 4200. All workfine.

Is there any tricks to setting up a newer controller with the RAID still
in tact or did you just start from scratch with each newer controller? One
of the options I'm considering is getting a newer SCSI controller, but I
don't want to have to do a dump | restore on it if I can get around it.
(Plus the less down time, the better.)

> I would suggest you try running them without SMP for a while and see if
> it still freezes.

Compiling the non-SMP kernel now. I'll install it and boot it on the next
crash or late tonight whichever happens first. I haven't had any SMP
problems yet on these 1850Rs, but as I mentioned before I haven't run any
as hard as this one yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gerald