Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 01:09:56 -0600
From:      Mohammad K Islam <sohel@southwind.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd Post Installation problem!!

Hello,

I have successfully installed freebsd2.1.5 on my machine. But as i was
running it for last few days i have noticed that the hard drive
light(H.D.D Light) is always on whenever i am on the freebsd slice. I
cant seem to figure out the reason for it. I am sharing a 1.06 gig drive
between win95 and freebsd. I have put the freebsd slice within the first
1024cylindres as instructed by the installtion companion book that came
with the CD from Walnut creek CDROm. Last night when i was running
freebsd my pc suddenly rebooted itself. After that i dont get the login
prompt anymore but instead i get just a root(#) prompt.Also during
bootup just after probing for devices.. it tells me to run fsck and then
give me the # prompt.

I would really appreciate any enlightenment on this if possible. I
really would like to get it solved and get freebsd up and running .

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Please except my advance thanks for all your suggestions/help.

Sincerely,

Sohel
(sohel@southwind.net)