Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:02:34 -0800
From:      "james" <jfzuelow@alaska.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Alex Helbig" <alex@muse.org.au>
Subject:   Re: MD5 Checksums for FreeBSD4.4-RELEASE

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Helbig" <alex@muse.org.au>

> Assuming that my download got corrupted, I then downloaded another copy
> from ftp.au.freebsd.org. From this source my iso image generated the
same
> checksum as the first image I grabbed. Both files generated the
following sum:
> MD5 (4.4-install.iso) = 7dc237940080379760f9deac29f08384

                                Mine: 7dc237940080379760f9deac29f08384

> The published sum is:
> MD5 (4.4-install.iso) = cad7aed9f9d80229cf1b3d649165590d
>
> Is there an error in the published sum, or could both of these mirrors
have
> the same wrong image?

Hmm.  I grabbed the 4.4-install.iso from ftp.freebsd.org this weekend and
got the same md5 you did.  I just checked it again to be sure.  Maybe the
contents of the iso have been updated but the web page is lagging a little
bit.  (Anyway, you can probably discount line noise or a corrupted
download - I figure the chance of both of us getting the same md5 string
from different servers due to download corruption is slim.)

James Z.