Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 1995 21:14:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Dyson <dyson>
To:        serges@umr.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Time to get serious

> Thanks to all have responded to my cry for help.
>
> It appears that everyone seems to be using some form of the
> Adaptec 1542 SCSI host adaptor in combination with a SCSI tape drive.
> My question is this: Is anyone using the 1542 along with IDE
> harddrives? This is the configuration that I would use, and I have
> a feeling that FreeBSD wont like me making use of both subsystems
> at the same time. Any experiences with this?

I have been running with with 2/WD540 IDE drives, 2/320MB ESDIs and
a SCSI subsystem consisting of a 2.1GB Seagate, a CDROM and a
QIC150 tape for a year now.  This config is tested by me daily
and works flawlessly (mod my "experimental" stuff" :-)).  I sometimes
boot off of the IDEs and sometimes the Seagate.  I always have swap
space allocated on both.

John
dyson@root.com