Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:19:11 -0500
From:      Drew Raines <drew-dated-1032142754.41cd3a@rain3s.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Lawrence Sica wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 07:18  PM, Drew Raines wrote:
> >
> > I thought you were saying that Jesus didn't persecute
> > anyone, a comment justified by John 8:7.  Also, if you were
                     ^---[not]
> > agreeing with Neal, why did you sarcastically refer to a
> > piece of scripture which supported his point?
>
> The point i was trying to make is that tolerance is a core of
> christianity.  He stated that all the tolerance we see today
> is not a good thing.

I agree with him.  Christianity does not tolerate sin under any
circumstance.  However, God commands us to tolerate the
/sinner/; to love one another.  That's why it's wrong for a
church to kick out homosexuals.  They're just as guilty as the
businessman sleeping with his secretary and the pastor who
gorges himself at the potluck dinner and the housewife
gossiping to her girlfriends.

> > That doesn't justify slavery as an institution that pleased
> > God, however, which is what you were implying in previous
> > messages.  Where does the Bible claim that?
>
> I said it was used to do that, not that the Bible said that.
> My point being the bible has been interpreted in various ways
> to suit the needs of those thumping it to justify what they
> do.

I certainly agree with that.

Drew
--
"In need psychology the natural way to praise God is for what He
has done for me.  However, in God's self-revelation, even though