Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:22:08 -0800
From:      Brian Rogers <burpmaster@truffula.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shockwave player and mozilla

I've heard of two ways to get it to work.  You either need to use a
linux Mozilla binary, or install the "linuxpluginwrapper" port.  Taking
the latter route like I did, you need the following in libmap.conf (this
is documented somewhere...):
# Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0                 liblthread.so.3
libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        liblstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6                       libm.so.2
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so

Finally, you do need a symlink in Mozilla's plugin directory.  The URL
about:plugins will list the loaded plugins, and you can go to
about:config and set plugin.expose_full_path to true to find where
libnullplugin.so is being loaded from and put the symlink there.  For
me, plugins are in /usr/local/lib/mozilla-1.7a/plugins, but the path for
the Mozilla port may be slightly different than for a CVS build.