Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:56:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      yuval levy <yuval_levy@yahoo.com>
To:        Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable Users <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: filesystems not properly unmounted

--- Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net> wrote:

> * Yuval Levy <yuval_levy@yahoo.com> [0647 15:47]:
> > >
> > Is it possible to fix this issue? from the
> description it seems to me
> > that the issue got worse since freebsd 5.3
> (assuming Maxi's root
> > partition is ufs2).
>
> If it's a pain to remeber, maybe try sticking
> something in rc.shutdown?

Thank you for trying to help, but I do not find this
reply helpful. That's a quick and dirty fix, not a
solution.

How would you feel if your car dealer would tell you
that the car is just fine, you only have to remember,
every time before you start it, to chew a gum and
stick the chewing gum on that little hole from where
some liquid spills before you start it?

Quick and dirty fixes are ok for the short term, but
this issue has been around for too long. I wish I had
the knowledge to fix it...

Yuv