Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:15:49 -0500
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        robert Backhaus <robbakfreebsd@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad overheating when talking to a D-Link wireless AP

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 07:01:32AM -0700, robert Backhaus wrote:
> I May be on the wrong foot, but are they all logically
> switches, or are some hubs? I the D-Link is a logical
> hub, you would be processing many packets, just to see
> they don't apply. Maybe possible.?

The 900-AP might be a hub, but I believe the 5000AP is supposed to be
a switch as it does CSMA/CA instead of /CD

would that be a correct assumtion if it does do the CA instead of
CD.  I'm only vouching for the 5000AP

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr@inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>