Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:12:12 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Will Saxon <saxonww@ufl.edu>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, Patrik Sundberg <ps@radiac.mine.nu>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ATA timeout errors

-On [20000315 00:00], Will Saxon (saxonww@ufl.edu) wrote:
>I will continue to use ata because my drives work (albeit in PIO mode
>apparently) and I don't play audio off the cdrom. Some people will
>probably hold off on upgrading to 4.0 because of this, and I don't know if
>anyone important cares about that but imho it kind of looks bad.

The 4.x tree will keep wd around until we either fix all the problems or
until 5.x becomes mainstream.

5.x has wd removed and people following the bleeding edge are required
to send in feedback and not expect it to be easy to use as it was the
past year. =)

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best