Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:06:54 +1000
From:      Brett Wildermoth <B.Wildermoth@griffith.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        owner-freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Kenneth Culver <culverk@sweetdreamsracing.biz>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64 + Nvidia Display Card

--nextPart2928488.GR0qnEcnEU

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:07 pm, owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 22:43, Brett Wildermoth wrote:

> > > Not true.  FreeBSD's kernel doesn't provide some things needed for
> > > an amd64 driver to be feasible.
> >
> > Like what???? what are these features? and if they are really
> > important why aren't they on the cards to be included into
> > FreeBSD......
>
> There are a few missing VM features that any high-performance graphics
> card driver would require for decent performance with PCI Express. John
> is working on adding those features - have patience.

I guess these feature are provided in FreeBSD x86, as a NVIDIA graphics dri=
ver=20
is available for FreeBSD x86. Is FreeBSD x86-64 VM subsystem different to=20
=46reeBSD x86. Is the VM subsystem that low-level?????

(Pardon my ignorance, have quite got around to reading the FreeBSD kernel b=
ook=20
the publisher comped me yet)

=2D-=20
 Brett Wildermoth BEng(ME) MPhil
 Lecturer / PhD Student
 School of Microelectronic Engineering
 Faculty of Engineering and Info. Tech.
 Ph. +61 7 3875 5063, Fax. +61 7 3875 5384
 Email. B.Wildermoth@grifith.edu.au