Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:17:27 +0200
From:      Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   zpool upgrade  does not work with latest 10 STABLE

Hello all.

Two days ago I upgraded my zpool to the latest version using zpool
upgrade. This worked fine. Today there where some new features added to
ZFS and I did rebuild the system. A zpool status shows me that the pool
can be upgraded.

beasty ~ # zpool list
NAME      SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
storage  1.81T  1.06T   767G    58%  1.00x  ONLINE  -

beasty ~ # zpool status
   pool: storage
  state: ONLINE
status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can
     still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done,
     the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not support
     the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.
   scan: scrub repaired 0 in 2h28m with 0 errors on Tue Jul 15 13:57:56 2014
config:

     NAME              STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
     storage           ONLINE       0     0     0
       mirror-0        ONLINE       0     0     0
         gpt/disk01    ONLINE       0     0     0
         gpt/disk02    ONLINE       0     0     0
       mirror-1        ONLINE       0     0     0
         gpt/disk03    ONLINE       0     0     0
         gpt/disk04-r  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

beasty ~ # uname -a
FreeBSD beasty.mydomain.local 10.0-STABLE FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0
r268604: Mon Jul 14 11:01:01 CEST 2014
root@beasty.mydomain.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KRNL  amd64

beasty ~ #  zpool upgrade
This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.

All pools are formatted using feature flags.

Some supported features are not enabled on the following pools. Once a
feature is enabled the pool may become incompatible with software
that does not support the feature. See zpool-features(7) for details.

POOL  FEATURE
---------------
storage
       embedded_data

But when i do a zpool upgrade it give me an error.

beasty ~ # zpool upgrade storage
This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.

cannot set property for 'storage': invalid argument for this pool operation

All things seem to work, and the scrub did a good job also....

Is there something I am missing?

regards
Johan