Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:47:12 -0200
From:      Marcus Grando <marcus@corp.grupos.com.br>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UDMA ICRC error (update ATA mkIII)

Hi,

In first test i say that problem is gone, but new tests the problem is
back. Try in your computer...

Rob wrote:
> Very interesting indeed. I have two questions:
>
> 1) Which patch did you apply and from where did you
>    get it?

Search for email of this subject "UPDATE2: ATA mkIII first official
patches - please test!"

http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.diff-releng5.gz
http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.diff-current.gz
http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3l.tar.gz

> 2) After applying the patch, does it require only a
>    new kernel build, or also a complete new world
>    build?

I re-compile a kernel and sbin/atacontrol

Regards

--
Marcus Grando
Grupos Internet S/A