Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:53:05 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mail/thunderbird: FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 and CLANG fail to build Thunderbird 13

On 2012-06-09 14:14, O. Hartmann wrote:
> My FreeBSD 10-CURRENT/amd64 boxes fail to build Thunderbird 13 compiling
> with CLANG. The error is very much the same as when I try compiling
> Firefox 13 on the same box with CLANG.

I'm not sure this problem is related to clang at all, see below.

> I tried to track down the problem, but I failed. Bot systems are used to
> have very similar setups and ports, both boxes have FreeBSD
> 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 (FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r236694: Wed Jun  6 23:06:12
> CEST 2012), both OSes have been compiled with CLANG. The box in question
> is a very new Sandy-Bridge-E system with 32GB RAM, while the box
> compiling well is a older Core2Duo (I mention this since I read about
> differences in how LLVM/CLANG 3.1 may behave on different CPUs, even
> with -O2 enabled).
>
> I'm confused about this, since Firefox 13 and even 12 fail at the same
> point with a very similar error message in this "xpcom" module.
> /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/comm-release/mozilla/xpcom/base/nsStackWalk.cpp:1196:29:
> error: use of undeclared identifier '_Unwind_Backtrace'
>     _Unwind_Reason_Code t = _Unwind_Backtrace(unwind_callback, &info);

This simply looks like a problem in nsStackWalk.cpp; it should include
<unwind.h> to get the proper declaration for _Unwind_Backtrace().

I don't have the time to look into this at the moment, but my suspicion
would be that whatever Mozilla uses for its configuration scripts is not
finding the proper unwind.h header.