Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:44:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Neal Westfall <nwestfal@Vorlon.odc.net>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        mi@aldan.algebra.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, nate@FreeBSD.ORG, gconnor@cisco.com
Subject:   Re: aic0 and CAM

Not that I have one of these controllers, but I just received my 3.1
cd set in the mail today, and happened to notice that the Adaptec
152x controller is listed on the back as supported, along with the
Tekram DC390 (and other AMD 53c974 based boards).  I was sure that
these were both still unsupported under CAM.  If I missed something
along the way, I apologize for bringing it up...

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> >
> > What's the chance the Adaptec-152x controller (aic0) will soon work
> > with 3.1-STABLE?
>
> I just wish it was soon. I *so* wanted to be able to access external
> hd on my notebook and keep a local CVS tree (not to mention install
> X)...
>
> > It has pretty horrible performance problems on 2.2.8-STABLE, even when
> > using DMA:
>
> That, I think, is unlikely to change.
>
> --
> Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
> dcs@newsguy.com
> dcs@freebsd.org
>
> 	"FreeBSD is Yoda, Linux is Luke Skywalker."

Neal Westfall  mailto:nwestfal@odc.net  http://www.odc.net/~nwestfal/
FreeBSD: The Power To Serve!		http://www.freebsd.org/

  $Id: dot.signature,v 1.2 1998/12/30 08:23:13 nwestfal Exp nwestfal $