Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:37:01 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpeg 4/divx

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>>I removed -Werror. The include breakage didn't seem to me like anything
>>worth "fixing". Also, I had planned to make a port of the most vital
>

> I would feel better if you fix it as I described.

I guess it will make me feel better, too. ;)

> What about: You provide the port(s), and I commit it.

Okay. But it might take quite some time, I'm afraid.

> I expect at least to be able to use the linux encoder as soon as it hits
> the street. From a comparision at doom9.org xvid seems to be a good
> candidate.

Linux encoder for what? DivX5? They plan to release their own encoding
application? Hm, well. If they'd also release a _small_ player
application like "The Playa" on win32, ports like "linux-divx5encoder"
and "linux-divx5player" would become feasible...which would be a good
thing. Or maybe, there are third-party applications which could be used
in such a way?

As for xvid, we will have an excellent native encoding application for
xvid as soon as transcode gets updated to the latest release.

--
Michael Nottebrock